“Our neurons must be used … not only to know but also to transform knowledge; not only to experience but also to construct.”
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.