A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.