A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.