A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.