A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.