A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.