Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.