A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.