Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.