People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.