A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.