When you are young, a lot of your goals are external. School determines what you will learn, how you will demonstrate your learning, and when it will be due. Your parents dictate your goals around the house. Even clubs and lessons keep you to a structured set of achievements. When you get older, you start having to develop internal motivation. You still have social and occupa…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.