Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.