A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.