A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.