Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.