A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.