A poignant perspective on “the way to reach the attainable measure of peace of mind.”
To outlive one’s children is arguably the most unbearable of human miseries. Even the most empathic among us can never fully imagine the incomprehensible anguish of a parent who has survived the loss of a dear life that had only begun to blossom. …
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.