Plus 3 Ways to Put It to Work for You
We all know that sitting for long periods of time isn’t good for our bodies. Standing boosts our energy and our mood. That’s why I use and recommend a standup desk.
But there’s more to it than more time on your feet. It’s also important to get those feet moving. Ou…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.