Have you ever suffered with a problem simply to be told by others to keep a positive frame of mind? This mantra is used by many to prompt others into improving themselves and their situation. Drug addicts in particular are accustomed to hearing this sentiment, but does it actually have an effect?
The evidence overwhelmingly points to positive thinki…
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.