A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.