A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.