Words of comfort and compassion from Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Rachel Carson, Charles Darwin, Alan Turing, Johannes Brahms, and Charles Dickens.
“Grief, when it comes, is nothing like we expect it to be,” Joan Didion wrote in her classic memoir of loss. But however uncertain its guise may be, its arrival is one of the central certainties of existence — no human life is unplundered by loss, in one form or another, at one time or another. And when grief does come, when its ti…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.