A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.