A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.