Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.