A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.