A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.