5 Steps for Choosing the Right Opportunities
The fear of missing out isn’t worth much, but FOMO costs us a lot. That’s especially true when it comes to our productivity. It’s like a powerful undertow, invisible on the surface of our work, which can pull us away in the current.
Right after I left as CEO of…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.