A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.