“I never left Cumberland Street without feeling happier: uplifted, even inspired, determined to be good, to work harder, not to worry about what other people thought.”
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.