“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.” ~Gandhi
For many years forgiveness was not in my mind, let alone my vocabulary. I was taught to believe that forgiveness was a sign of weakness, and I certainly did not forgive anyone who hurt me.
In the past, I have engaged in acts …
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.