Two of humanity’s greatest minds explore the parallels between spacetime and the psyche, the atomic nucleus and the self.
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.