“Communication is health; communication is truth; communication is happiness. To share is our duty… if we are ignorant to say so; if we love our friends to let them know it.”
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.