A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.