A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.