Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.