Inside the “buzzing, blooming chaos” of a brilliant mind at work.
“The act of writing is an integral…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.