A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.