Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.