A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.