“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” ~Marcus Aurelius
So, yesterday wasn’t the best day. I backed up into my husband’s car in the dark, on my way to a meeting. I didn’t see it in the mirrors. It was dark (did I ment…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.