People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.