Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.