A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.