Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.