A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.