A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.