People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.