A celebration of indiscriminate empathy and a sensitive reminder that the tragic and the transcendent can coexist.
In 1966, while leafing through an obscure book, …
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.